|Caring for a landscape can be a tedious task|
- Xeriscaping is an excellent way to reduce the time you spend tending for your landscape. Xeriscaping uses less water and requires little to no mowing. Xeriscape plants require less water while still being beautiful and functional as part of your landscape.
- Automatic watering systems are an excellent way to reduce the work you must do in order to keep your landscape maintained. Rather than spending time manually watering your landscape, you can easily create an automatic irrigation system using Orbit sprinkler parts.
- Using moss or clover in place of grass is yet another way to reduce yard maintenance. Clover is resistant to drought and insects and is budget-friendly. Moss can be used in shady areas where grass has difficulty growing.
- Mulch is yet another way to save yourself some yard work. It needs a lot less water than grass and if you want, you can even make your own. Mulch is a simple solution to problem areas in your yard.
- Perennials can be low-maintenance as well. You can easily find drought-tolerant perennial plants that are beautiful and easy to maintain. There are a variety of these water-conserving flowers that will make your landscape pop with color.
- Rock gardens are becoming a more popular way to landscape. They function as lawn art and take away a lot of yard work. Rocks do not need water to survive and you can use low-maintenance plants such as cacti or perennials to supplement color into your rock garden.
|Some perennials are drought-tolerant|
There are many ways in which you can easily create a low-maintenance landscape and spend more time enjoying your yard than actually working in it.