What is Fertigation?
Fertigation or, Chemigation, is the application of fertilizers, soil amendments, or other water soluble products through an irrigation system. With a Fertigation system, by telling your sprinkler system to turn on and off, your Orbit Controller is going to do all the work for you! Read 5 Things You Need to Know About Fertigation for more awesome information!
How a Fertigation System Worksorganic fertilizer and an Orbit irrigation system, whether it be a hose faucet watering system or an underground automatic sprinkler system, either will do just fine. The EZ FLO Fertigation Tank hooks right up to your sprinkler system and dispenses the fertilizer along with the water.
Benefits of Using a Fertigation System
- Your irrigation system does the work, not you.
- The worry of Overfeeding and Underfeeding are both eliminated.
- Waste is eliminated.
- Fertilization is continuous, not intermittent
- The overall amount of chemicals applied is reduced versus dry application.
- Increased nutrient absorption by plants.
- Reduction in water usage due to the plant's resulting increased root mass being able to trap and hold water